Assistant Center Manager (part-time) - Wyckoff, NJ
About the Company
Every day, students around the world attend Mathnasium learning centers to boost their math skills. We are highly specialized, teaching only math using a curriculum developed over the past 40 years. We teach math in a way that makes sense to students 1st grade to High School. Each center is independently owned and operated. You will be joining the #1 franchisee in the world with 20 locations, and many more being planned.
The Assistant Center Manager will be a bright and ambitious professional, willing to work hard and change the way students view math. The ideal candidate will be detailed minded, have good organizational skills, be highly motivated, and very enthusiastic. This key leadership position drives quality and consistency of the center experience. You will utilize your talents to manage the classroom during instructional hours, including working directly with students and providing instruction, coaching and training a team of Instructors, and ensuring students are provided with effective and concise math instruction that makes sense to them. Assistant Center Managers are also responsible for generating leads, driving sales and assuming the Center Manager's duties in his/her absence.
Excellent Advancement Opportunities!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Assist the Center Manager in ensuring company policies, standards and procedures are followed.
* Conduct center tours and consultative sales presentations. Build rapport with parents and effectively convey the benefits of Mathnasium and our commitment to help their student be successful in Math. Schedule assessments and effectively enroll students.
* Assist the Center Manager in making appropriate business based decisions and resolving issues. Demonstrate good judgment in stressful situations.
* Act as Manager On Duty, open/close the center as needed.
* Manage the center during instructional hours, including assigning students to instructors and adjusting student/instructor ratios as necessary.
* Ensure all instructors utilize the Mathnasium Method when teaching math to students.
* Review student needs and educational status with Center Manager on an ongoing basis.
* Provide feedback to the Center Manager regarding Instructor performance.
* Participate in local marketing/sales events.
* Perform operational and administrative functions as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Minimum 1 year related experience, preferably in a leadership role in education, sales or customer service.
* Excellent communication skills and ability to build and nurture strong relationships.
* Collaborate leadership; ability to train and engage staff as well as delegating responsibilities.
* Strong tact and diplomacy; interacts and works cooperatively with children, parents and staff.
* Ability to prioritize; organize and plan work under own initiative.
* Highly organized; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and projects.
* Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
* Work independently with moderate supervision.
* Flexible/adaptable to constant change.
* Open availability during business operating hours, including evenings and weekends.
* Strong comprehension of Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
* Have a love for math
* High School diploma or G.E.D., some college preferred.
Hours will vary, but generally are afternoon and evenings : Monday-Thursday from 3pm-8pm and Saturdays 10am-2pm. Pay will be based on education and experience. This is a part time position and Assistant Center Directors typically work between from 20 - 28 hours/week.
Thanks for your interest in joining Mathnasium The Math Learning Center team!
Mathnasium is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.
NOTE: Check your email often, you will received messages from our recruiting team-we like to stay in touch!