ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED
This is a contract to hire project.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Our client has an opportunity for an experienced Hadoop Systems Administrator supporting 25 servers running a complete Hadoop stack including Spark. The successful candidate will work as part of an integrated team including Linux admins, data scientists, aeronautical engineers and IA personnel.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or a related degree program and nine (9) years of related professional experience
Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Typical system administration and programming skills such as storage capacity management, performance tuning
- Implementation and supporting the Enterprise Hadoop environment
- Manage and monitor Hadoop cluster and platform infrastructure
- Automating cluster node provisioning and repetitive tasks
- Good interpersonal and written skills are required as is a solid working knowledge of Linux.
- Strong understanding of Hadoop eco system such as HDFS, MapReduce, Hadoop streaming is required.
- Deep understanding and experience with Horton Works Hadoop stack is required.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Enterprise Class Server HW is desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skillsare desired.
- Ability to work in a team environment under limited supervision is desired.
- Certifications in accordance with DoD Instruction 8570 are desired
- Competitive health, wellness & lifestyle benefits
- Inclusive, flexible and supportive company culture
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task